And I saw another car there. After we had both continued on, I thought to myself, wow; technology has made going from place to place so impersonal. I mean, in the days when people still traveled on foot, especially long distances, they wouldn't just pass each other by. They would ask each other for the news, or where they were going, or maybe even have a meal and travel with them some of the way. Now we act like the other cars on the road are just obstacles between us and our destination.

Sat, 12/18/2010 - 7:53am

Comments

Fri, 12/17/2010 - 8:54pm

Oh my god dude so true, in a way it kinda makes driving awkward.

I smoke a fat pound of grass and fall on my ass faster than a fat bitch who sat down too fast

Fri, 12/17/2010 - 10:04pm
sauce Says:

i never thought of it that way man. i kinda do just think of every car as an obstacle as i zip around them, almost as if they're unmanned mobile roadblocks just there to slow me down

Sat, 12/18/2010 - 2:03pm

So today I'm driving to my parent's house an hour and a half away. After reading this I feel like I should at least wave at every person I drive by. People are going to think I'm such a creep, but I'm just being friendly!

Sat, 12/18/2010 - 3:29pm
Thesixler Says:

Yeah before, other people were a rare occasion in travel, these days with our populations, we seem to regard other people as obstacles and annoyance. We build sound barriers to protect us from hearing the drone of other people, and fight through them to get to where we go. It's a very disharmonious society we've created.

Sat, 12/18/2010 - 6:21pm

I had to sign in just so I could upvote this.
____________________________________________________________
I got a dalmation, I can still get high/
I can play the guitar like a motherfucking riot!

Sat, 12/18/2010 - 11:15pm
PGLEINAD Says:

Wow man, you right. Technology ruins alot of things but I don't anyone wants to give it up. In this genration thats basically impossible.

Thu, 12/23/2010 - 12:11am

I love this highdea. It is very true.

Tue, 02/22/2011 - 2:18pm

when ever im in the car i always like to smile and wave at other people just to see there reactions and sometimes its realy funny