This is just a rant about that Above the Influence "raid" a few days ago.

I used to think AtI was a pretty good organization. After all, their main message is about fighting peer pressure. I doubt any of you guys would call peer pressure a good thing, right? Hell, you can be Above the Influence AND smoke weed. Nobody peer pressured me into smoking. I did all the research myself, bought the weed myself, made my first joint with no help, and smoked it by myself. No peer pressure at all. So I use to still consider myself Above The Influence.

However, I was a big part of that highdeas "invasion" on the AtI facebook page the other day. I wasn't one of those trolls who were bashing on non-smokers (by the way, all you people who were being complete dicks on their page, that's fucked up. We're trying to get marijuana legalized, not propagate a fucking stereotype that's holding us back. That was NOT the time for stupid trolling.)

I was writing out well thought out and cited arguments. I said multiple times that I was in full favor of AtI's mission statement (avoiding peer pressure) and I spent a lot of time trying to educate a few of the misinformed, insular minds of the ACTUAL consequences of legalization on that page. Some people on there were against legalization because they said it'd make it easier for children to get it. Um what? Marijuana is going to have an age restriction no matter what so it'll be illegal for children anyways. I think it's actually harder for most minors to get alcohol than weed because the only places you can buy alcohol are ones that check IDs.

Anyways, today, I went back and found that I'd been banned, and EVERYTHING we wrote has been deleted, but they left all the retarded misinformation that they were saying to us.

I can understand them banning and censoring the people who swear or are just dicks in general, but come on. I was citing everything I said, and being nice and polite, while being called names and just generally being treated like shit by the "above the influence" people, and I'M the one who gets banned?

Fuck that noise, if being "Above the Influence" means being close-minded enough to ban one of their own members who just happens to be pro-legalization, then I don't think I want to be associated with that.

/rant

I'm Above the Ignorance, how about you?

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:41pm

Comments

Mon, 04/11/2011 - 9:00pm

all i gotta say is fuck yeah your awesome and smokew eeeeeeeedddddddddd

Mon, 04/11/2011 - 9:12pm
Alistor Says:

awwwwwwww yeeeeeeeee, this next bowls to you, bakedascheese. Toke on ;)

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 10:08pm
AlexT420 Says:

ABOVE THE FUCKING IGNORANCE stupid bastards, know when to be a dipshit and when not to be one little wanna-be stoners, leave these grown stoner matters to us mature stoners, we're trying to legalize, not constipate.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 10:39pm

HEY GUYS!

Have a mind of your own. It is often said and posted in propaganda ads that Marijuana contains over 400 chemicals. In reality, most organic compounds like plants, are composed of hundreds, if not thousands of chemicals. There is nothing unusual about this high number. To the 'average Joe', this makes Marijuana sound like it is some sort of toxic waste.

Sun, 04/17/2011 - 1:40pm

awwwwwwwwwwwww yeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:58pm

You're baked as cheese and I'm baked as lays. hehe

Mon, 04/11/2011 - 10:11pm
Octevio Says:

I hope this get's popular man. I was thinking about the whole legalization being harder to get thing the other day, and your absolutely right. If weed was legal, it would be sold in a accredited location where minors would have to either have a fake I.D. or ask someone else to buy it, like with alcohol. Other than kids getting it from a dealer who doesn't care who is their consumer is.

Mon, 04/11/2011 - 10:26pm
Alistor Says:

EXACTLY, man. You don't even have to approve of smoking marijuana to see that criminalization is causing more problems than it's helping. >< It just bothers me so much that people assume legalization does all this horrible shit, but if you look at criminalization they think it's a good thing.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 6:21am
Alistor Says:

OH! And interesting fact, in Netherlands where its basically legal for people over 18 to smoke, there is considerably less underaged usage as compared to USA.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 2:12am

Dude, i hope this gets popular too.
Cause it just show the bs that people are spoonfed. God damn, i want to make a long educated reply, but i havent smoked yet

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 2:42am

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 3:05am

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 3:09am
Alistor Says:

I'd email you some trees if it was possible, mang.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 4:43am
Alistor Says:

An example of the hypocrisy of Above the Influence. I guarantee this person will not get banned even though what she is doing is going directly against AtI's "no peer pressure" code.

It's frustrating, because I'm banned and can't say anything ><

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 11:09pm

I like how the other four pages open In the pic are highdeas :) lol

Wed, 04/13/2011 - 12:13am
Alistor Says:

Hahaha yeh, I go on sprees looking at peoples' old highdeas :) I'm lookin at yours now haha :P

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 6:14am
Alistor Says:

READ THIS HIGHDEA! Spokannabis gives a GREAT link with every marijuana myth debunked and cited individually!

Upvote upvote upvote!

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 10:49am
AntiAnon Says:

I love. This HighDEA. Same thing happened to me. I wasn't trying to troll them, and I get banned, and still get to see the bashing ATI members were doing towards the Politely Argumentative posters. This deserves to be published.

Smoke on.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 2:06pm
Octevio Says:

The documentary How Weed Won The West has great arguments on how legalizing marijuana would be GREAT for society

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 6:53pm

I really wish I could upvote this more than once.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:09pm
jccain93 Says:

Dude you will go far my good sir! You are a great sociable guy and should be allowed to state your opinion. This Highdea needs to go big thumbs way way up.

Floatin round mah room MGmT blastin as i zoom

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:25pm
binxy420 Says:

Not to sound like an elementary school kid but damn that's unfair! If what you're saying is not disrespectful AND cited you'd think they'd take a second to maybe check it out... Give people a chance to give their opinions. I dunno. People are just stubborn.

On another note...You, sir, quite impress me. I've been seeing a lot of you around here lately and you always blow my mind. Keep up the good work!

Wed, 04/13/2011 - 10:45pm
Alistor Says:

Thank you, madam! :)It always makes my day when I see nice comments like this.

^____________________________________________^

That's my face right now. I'm high.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:25pm
in_lakech Says:

They definitely proved their ignorance. P.S. I'm really proud of all of us organizing that little raid, especially those of us who remained respectful and polite. that's like, highdea history right there.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:43pm
AwShytt Says:

Ya I mean you did good work along with the other polite people but all the dumbasses swearing on ATI kinda ruined it I mean all of those kids acting retarded like their drunk after they've smoked are helping it stay illegal and should go to booze cuz alcohol is causing more problems than weed. I mean I love a cold beer but I mean really. Oh and on another note weed is only being a "gateway drug" not because its bad but because of criminalization and other drugs being available in the same place not cuz its bad.

Wed, 04/13/2011 - 10:51pm
Alistor Says:

Ya mang, the gateway theory has been debunked by the government a long ass time ago. The only reason it could be considered a "gateway" drug is because marijuana dealers also deal other drugs.

Separate marijuana from the criminal market by making marijuana legal and sold in dispensaries that ID people just like alcohol and BAM! No more gateway theory. Here's a nice link that also disproves the gateway theory:

All the citations are available if you click the hyperlinked citation number at the end of each fact. :) This is the most badass site ever, so enjoy :)

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:47pm
anna4444 Says:

this is fucking ridiculous. where does above the influence get funding? I really hope it's not from the government. I think the government should do an extensive background check on above the influence and test all of their claims, because they're lying to america and basically brainwashing younger generations.

think about it, from these commercials and these "facts" they've stated, there are many, many people out there that no matter if above the influence is proved wrong, and weed is legalized, they will NEVER touch weed, Just because what has been said in the past.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 10:06pm

surprisingly from ciggarette and alcohol companies...they want weed to be illegal because more people would blaze and that means less people would drink or smoke ciggs pretty smart of those douche bags

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 11:29pm
anna4444 Says:

make sense.. but really douchebaggy haha

Wed, 04/13/2011 - 5:24am
Alistor Says:

It's true and it sucks that cig and alcohol companies fund AtI and that's a big reason why they propagandize marijuana, but I also kinda think it's cool that they fund a program to keep drugs and alcohol away from adolescents.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:49pm
Jabreeze Says:

I think they don't wanna legalize because they think people would then push for legalization of coke, meth, ect. But I've never heard a tweaker give me a good reason for legalization. At least ours is a plant!

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:49pm
Anahata Says:

Was the ATI "raid" a facebook thing? I don't have one, can someone fill me in?

Wed, 04/13/2011 - 5:26am
Alistor Says:

Ya someone posted a highdea that got published saying people should go to the Above the Influence page and post facts about marijuana.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:50pm
dmaargke Says:

Dude alistor I was right there with ya. I spent 8 hours on there that night talking to people. No bashing no arguing not even trying to get more people to smoke. I was just having a rational debate. The next morning all my hard work was gone. Just goes to show the absolute hypocrisy of that organization.

Wed, 04/13/2011 - 12:50am
Alistor Says:

Amen, brother. It sucked so much doing all that work and then just having it disappear for no reason.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:51pm

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:52pm

I dont want weed to get legalized yet cuz i'm still a minor and it would hard as shit to try and get it.. let's wait like 3 years (:

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 11:29pm
anna4444 Says:

so you couldn't just get a friend to buy it for you, just like i'm sure you do with alcohol/ciggarettes if you use them? not that hard.

Wed, 04/13/2011 - 4:19pm

its harder than just calling up a dealer who has weed ALWAYS

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:52pm

i got banned too :( i was quoting abraham lincoln george washington ect.. all about hemp pros of course..

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:56pm
dmaargke Says:

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:54pm
LoaditUP Says:

All i gots to say is hell mutha fuckin yea

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:54pm
mr.boston Says:

the commercials are so over the top to its ridiculous.... they make weed seem like meth or some wicked bad drug... like when the little dog tells the girl all the bs for smoking weed.. the worst thing that happens is you sit on the couch and eat too much food... they should focus on other more serious drugs and about the peer pressure thing i wasnt "pressured" into smoking weed it was my own diccision and a very good decission i think.

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 9:56pm

same shit happened to me and i wasnt trolling, i was fukin pissed

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 10:00pm
MNstoned Says:

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 10:00pm
marylover Says:

I feel you man, check out mine

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 10:00pm

HighDEAS Invasion what? where was I? :(

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 10:03pm

wow, straight up respect. You're the kind of person I would want to be friends with and have by my side, I love debating and have polite, calm, appropriate discussions with people who have other views, but it just really agitates me when people like us are ignored for our comments and ways of informing uneducated minds. Really pisses me off.

Wed, 04/13/2011 - 5:30am
Alistor Says:

Right on, brother. You sound like a pretty cool guy to have a discussion with :)

Tue, 04/12/2011 - 10:19pm
XJay93X Says:

It's the self-righteousness of people like the people in ATI that make everything look bad.